Brakes and Brake Repair
Besides the engine, brakes are one of the most important components on your vehicle. You need the confidence of knowing that when you press your foot to the brake, your vehicle is going to stop. That’s why it’s important to keep your brakes well maintained.
Common signs your car needs brake repair service
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes.
- The brake pedal sinks to the floor when pressure is maintained.
- You hear or feel a scraping or grinding sensation during braking.
- You hear a high-pitched, piercing metallic sound while the vehicle is in motion.
- The brake light on the instrument panel lights up.
Our technicians at AutoTec are experts in all brake repair services. Having your brakes checked and replaced adequately, saves you time and money in future auto repair expenses.
Tips to help keep your brakes functioning properly
- Have your brakes checked at least once a year or whenever you have your car serviced – more often if you drive frequently in city traffic or live in a hilly area.
- Never drive with the parking brake on.
- If you hear a high-pitched squeak when you use the brakes, have them checked.
- If you hear a scratching or grinding noise when not braking this can be a sign of a brake or bearing issue and means that your brakes should be inspected immediately.
- If you have to add brake fluid more than once every few months, you may have a leak.