Engine Performance and Check Engine Light
Has your check engine light come on? Don’t panic!
A mechanics job is not as easy as it used to be years ago. Today we have tons of advanced technology and while this technology is great at diagnosing problems, it is hard for a regular person to sometimes figure out what is wrong with the car. AutoTec auto mechanics are trained in your vehicles’ advanced computer system. With our state of the art equipment we can easily read your computers trouble signals and find the real problem.
When a vehicle’s engine is well-maintained, the engine can run for more miles than the manufacturers’ expected life-time. By taking your vehicle in for service at regular intervals you can optimize your engines’ performance. It’s critical that you regularly:
- Change your oil. This is key. Oil is the lifeblood of your car and integral to engine performance.
- Change the air filter as needed.
- Replace the spark plugs according to vehicle manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintain recommended air pressure in your tires. This affects your fuel economy and vehicle safety.
- Maintain proper vehicle alignment. This affects tire life, ride stability and also affects your fuel economy.
- Pay attention to your vehicle gauges and dashboard warning lights. If a check engine light is on, get your car diagnosed.
- Get your brakes check regularly.
- Another part of maintaining engine performance and engine efficiency is not engaging in bad habits. For example:
- Don’t drive on an empty tank.
- Don’t unnecessarily rev your engine while the car’s in neutral or park.
- Don’t accelerate hard when the engine is still cold and has not reached normal operating temperatures.
Your check engine light can be for a lot of reasons. Don’t ignore it and hope the issue will go away. Bring it on into AutoTec and we can figure out what if there are any issues. Whatever the problem is most diagnostic services can be performed in a timely fashion. Sometimes the problems are something small and can be performed during the diagnostic test.
Our team can have you back on the road in no time, just call us.