Heating and Air Conditioning
One of the key components keeping you comfortable is your vehicle’s air conditioning, heating and ventilation system, or HVAC system. To keep warm and cozy or cool and comfortable, it’s best to maintain your heating & air conditioning systems. If our air conditioning system isn’t functioning properly, driving can be miserable and, in some cases, even dangerous. The components of an HVAC system in a car help maintain safe and comfortable driving conditions, including visibility.
The HVAC System provides proper in vehicle climate conditions. It de-humidifies the vehicle interior (and helps to clear fogged windshields). The system must be sealed and contain refrigerant, lubricant, and coolant. Read more about how AutoTec can help replace the air filters inside your car.
Symptoms of a malfunctioning HVAC System
- Improper vent air temperature
- Low or no vent air flow
- Smell or fogging of windshield during defroster operation
- Growling/grinding or squealing noise during A/C or heater operation
Air Conditioning (A/C)
There are many parts to an Air conditioning system in a car:
- A/C Compressor
- Condenser/Radiator Fan
- Receiver/Dryer or Accumulator
- Blower Fan
- Expansion Valve/orifice tube
The components of a Heater are:
- Radiator/Heater Hoses
- Blower Fan
- Heater Core/Heater Control Valve
A thorough inspection of heating and air conditioning includes:
- Inspecting the interior controls and blower.
- Checking radiator coolant levels, hoses, pressure cap and thermostat.
- Testing the compressor belt.
- Checking for leaks or other damage.
System testing includes:
- A cooling system pressure test
- Comparing the A/C pressure to manufacturer specifications
- Testing the A/C system for refrigerant leaks
- Check the interior vent air temperature
AutoTec can help to troubleshoot what is going on with your Heating and Air Conditioning Systems. Please contact us to schedule a time to bring in your vehicle.