Automatic Transmission Services
AutoTec can help maintain and catch problems before they become worse for automatic automatic transmissions in your automobile. The automatic transmission is one of the most complicated parts of a vehicle.
What causes transmission problems?
Overheating can occur when towing a heavy load, rocking the vehicle from the snow, having continuous stop-and-go traffic in hot weather, racing, and other activities that work the transmission hard. At high temperatures, the transmission fluid loses its lubricating power which could result in premature failure. When this happens the next step is a transmission rebuild or replacement. If it comes to replacing your transmission, we will refer you to a specialist.
How to Prevent Transmission Damage
Taking care of your automatic transmission isn’t too difficult. Below are some recommended steps to follow:
- The fluid should be changed as recommended in your owner’s manual. If it looks dark or dirty, your best bet is to have an AutoTec technician perform a transmission flush.
- At every oil change, check the transmission fluid level. It’s similar to checking your oil. If the fluid level is too low, there is a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed.
- Never shift to Reverse or Park until the car comes to a complete stop.
- Never shift from Park when the engine RPM is higher than normal idle.
- Always hold your brake pedal down when shifting from Park.
- If your car or truck is towed, make sure the drive wheels are not on the road.
Regular servicing can provide longer life expectancy, smoother shifting and increased performance for your transmission.
The only area in your car more expensive than the transmission is the engine. Keeping up with regular maintenance will save you thousands of dollars over the life of your vehicle!