Car Battery Issues
Car batteries primary function to help to start the engine. Without battery power your car wouldn’t start. A vehicle battery also stores energy generated by the alternator, stabilizes the voltage (energy supply), and runs secondary electrical systems in addition to other components in your vehicle.
- Remove corrosion.
- Check the alternator belt tension and wear.
- Supply and installation of replacement battery.
The following are common indications that you may need a new battery or that there is something else going on with your battery:
- Your vehicle won’t start.
- Your vehicle makes a clicking noise, but won’t start.
- The vehicle is silent when you turn the key in the ignition.
- The battery keeps running down or dying.
- The battery seems weak and fails to crank your engine normally.
- If your car dies while it is running, it may not be a battery problem; it could be an alternator problem.
AutoTec can help to troubleshoot what is going on with your car battery. Please contact us to schedule a time to bring in your vehicle.